Wednesday, May 16, 2012

STAR*STRUCK



Hi, my friend,
Just the other night I just spent some of the sweetest, yet simple moments with God. After a long, blessed week of ministry, I was drawn to my double window, beaming with light from the fiery stars above. With electric toothbrush buzzing in hand, I settled at the edge of my bed and gazed up at those twinkling lights hanging high above. In that moment, I was again struck with the reminder that the mighty One who formed each and every nighttime jewel I was staring at, also created me and was engaging me.
I sat and wondered, “How could this possibly be? He is the Most High God, Creator of the Heavens and Earth, Savior of the World, my precious Daddy in Heaven, Weaver of my beating heart, and Lover of my very soul. My God is all of these things and so much more at the very same time!”
My friend, I ask you to ponder, “Who is this God? Who is this magnificent Lord who can be all things to all people?” He is the One capable and compassionate to listen to each prayer, catch and bottle every tear, hold and mend all broken hearts, deliver the oppressed, beckon and save lost souls, AND meet with us as we brush our teeth?
When I dive in deep, I find myself feeling so unworthy to receive and handle such affections. I am simply baffled at the majesty of His awesomeness. I find myself fumbling with the weight of God’s glory, and all I can do in response is love Him with all I have and worship with my whole life.
Friend, when you and I take a few priceless moments on the daily to stop and simply revel in the character and epic magnificence of God, how can we not become overtaken by Him? When we seek Him who loved us enough to give up His greatest gift to redeem us, doesn’t it seem impossible NOT to draw closer to God...to remain a bit longer in worship? Perhaps spend a few more moments talking with Him?  Offer a few more loving gestures to one another in response to the love we have been so lavishly given?
Whatever you do or wherever you go to connect with God and marvel at His grandeur, do it today. After all, what’s holding you back? Take some precious time to rendezvous with your personal Savior. Linger a titch longer with Him, breathe Him in...allow His mercy, goodness, truth, and love to wash over you and CHANGE you.
No matter when or where you two meet, you will be blessed. No matter what you are doing, even brushing your teeth, I guarantee that when you seek Him with all you have, He will touch your heart. Just get away and enjoy Him today, remembering it is the God of the Universe with which you are keeping company...
“’When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed...’” Jeremiah 29:13

Star*Struck~
Katie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment