Tuesday, December 16, 2014

THIS DAY

Hi Precious Friends,

In this modern era, it's so easy to get swept away by distractions and circumstances. Sometimes we need to just stop, breathe, and take inventory. As we experience these last few days of 2014 and look into the bright future of 2015, I wanted to share one of my latest poems. I pray it speaks to your heart and draws you ever-closer to the God who thought of you before He formed the foundations of the world...

THIS DAY
I will rest on Your promises
Today, I’ll seek Your face
And I will trust in the unseen;
This day, release my faith.
I won’t dwell on circumstances
Swirling all around me.
This day, I’ll choose to rise above
By standing on belief
That You, my faithful Father,
Are always there for me;
Pouring out your love,
Unending grace on the scene.

Though waters tend to rise up
You only let me drown
In mercies never ending,
Even when I let you down
By begging You for answers
My heart still longs to know.
Instead, You fill their spaces
So doubt and fear can’t grow.

I know that You are for me
Each moment of these days
So forgive me for my questions
And times I’ve walked away.
It’s not that I don’t trust You;
I give You all I have.
But sometimes life gets messy,
Confusing where I am…
Forgetting I’m Your priceless,
Your beloved and Your friend;
Forgetting You are with me,
Far beyond the very end.

So Lord, oh please forgive me
For mistakes that I have made,
Decisions that have hurt you,
For questioning Your Way.
My Father, You are faithful,
Abba loving, Abba kind.
So this and everyday,
God, please hold this heart of mine.


Thankfully Forgiven,
Katie Marie

www.katiemariemusic.com
www.twitter.com/katiemarielive
www.instagram.com/katiemariemusic


No comments:

Post a Comment