Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 - THE GREAT UNKNOWN

Today is the awakening of a brand new year - a clean slate, a fresh start. Each new year can bring with it so much hope of what is to come; it can also usher in anxiety and concern considering the vast mysteries that await.

I can't help but wonder what the upcoming year truly holds when placed in God's hands, lined up with His perfect Will. If I allow myself to peek too far into the future, anxiety and fear can quickly sweep over me. I can't allow that. Jesus is my everything; He is the director of my steps. Though I have no idea what this season of life will bring, I do know the One who does. 

While pondering the possibilities of several unknowns, along with so many more I don't even realize, I am quickly reminded how much I need my Jesus. I look all around me and all I see is change...shifting sands and a chasm of possibilities. But when I look to Him, I see the Rock - the unchanging, unwavering foundation upon which I have built my life; and again I am at peace. In Christ alone I find consistency, reassurance, and perfect Love. He is the one constant in my life and I am forever grateful for that. Jesus truly is my all in all.

I decided this coming year I will not look to the wind and waves in my life. Instead, I will look to my King; my unshakable God. I will meditate on His goodness and surround myself with His mercies. I will spread His love everywhere I go, expecting nothing in return (though it will be hard at times). I will remember that Jesus is my source and supply, finding my security, confidence, and stability in Him alone. 

With each new year that passes, I realize more and more that the great unknowns of the future are no mystery to my Creator. He saw the end before it began; He knows my story in and out. He knows how everything works out, and in the end, we win. This time, I am choosing not to worry about the plot twists and turns. They are simply subplots interwoven into God's Divine designs. Though the long, winding path of a new year stares boldly back at me, I am taking my first steps of 2017 with my head held high, knowing I am never alone. In fact, I am taking up company with the King of all Kings and the Potter of my days. Will you join us on the journey?

Confident in Him,
Katie Marie 


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Excellent Word Sweetheart! Thanks for sharing!
    -Hubby

    ReplyDelete