Friday, November 5, 2010

WALLS OF WATER

Hi everybody!

I wanted to post an excerpt from the devotional I wrote this morning...I keep thinking I'm done with the content of my book, but then God decides to download more!!! What can I do? I'm just His lil typist...hope you enjoy!

Excerpt from "Walls of Water"

Looking at my life and the lives of those around me, I have come to conclude it is rare that we are completely satisfied with our place in life. Much like the Israelites, we have each been redeemed, justified, protected, and delivered; yet it is not enough.

Some of you are free from your oppressors, but today you awakened to realize God has led you into the desert. This arid climate you find yourself in can be an uncomfortable place…wildly vacillating temperatures and conditions leave you questioning your resilience and ability to endure. Food can seem scarce…spiritual, emotional, and even physical sustenance can be hard to come by day-to-day.

You may seem to have no sense of direction or plan for escape. Which way is north? South? East? West? Is there a purpose and plan in all of this? There must be…there IS.

If the Lord of all Creation is your God, He has chosen you…set you apart, and placed you exactly where you are today. He wants you right where He has you and though we may not understand why, we have to trust and KNOW that He does understand why.

There are so many awesome lessons and insights we could glean from those faithful saints who have walked the paths of faith and trust before us. There are countless generations who have put their every decision and moment into the hands of God and allowed Him to lead…wherever, however, and whenever He decided.

We cannot get caught up in the discomforts of our current roads and climates so we become distracted and impatient. It breaks my heart to read the countless stories of the Israelites in their desert times…how time and time again, God rescued and provided for them…how He led them faithfully and loved them despite themselves.

“He divided the sea and led them through; He made the water stand firm like a wall. He guided them with the cloud by day and with the light from the fire all night. He split the rocks in the desert and gave them water as abundant as the seas; He brought streams out of a rocky crag and made water flow down like rivers.” Psalm 78:13-16

More to come, my friends...thank you for staying with me on this journey we call LIFE!!!

In His AWESOME Love,
Katie MArie

No comments:

Post a Comment