Sunday, April 17, 2011

PUSHING THROUGH

Devotion #27 from my upcoming book, AN ECLECTIC DEVOTION. I pray it encourages you in your place of need today...

Sometimes life can take you to the very end of your rope. Struggles can bury you with burdens, overwhelming fear, weakness, and feelings of failure. Before you know it, you are buried over your head in the dirt of this life. But, don’t give up. At the very moment your last ounce of strength is about to run out, that is the time you must push through.

Think of the first hint of spring. A tender seed begins to grow beneath the earth, just out of sight. Though nothing is visible from above ground, much energy is being expended just below the surface. The emerging embryo advances its tiny, delicate roots, searching for moisture and nutrients as it struggles through the weighty soil opposing its upward ascent. Finally, new life bursts into the light, freed from its dormancy. In the coming days, it will blossom to share its fragrant face with the world.

You are that seed. You must push through…for it’s in those days yet to be lived that you will truly bless the earth and eternity to come. If you fail to press through the last moments of your most difficult challenges, those you are meant to influence will never be allowed that gift. They will miss the chance to experience the blessings intended for them through your story.

These people may be walking right along the shallow ground you lay just beneath, laden with their own troubles. They could even be trudging down the same road you’ve walked, lugging the exact same burdens you’ve struggled to carry around. Someone is waiting right now at the very place you are meant to appear in triumph.

If you do not push through, the world will never be inspired by you or learn from your journey. No matter where you are, there are many people waiting just on the other side of your breakthrough. Focus on these faces as you fight and conquer the dirt pinning you down. They need you to push through victoriously. This conquest is more than worth the struggle, for the world is waiting for you

“So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.” 2 Timothy 2:10 (NLT)

A PRAYER
Father God, please give me Christ’s perfect strength to endure and push through my present circumstances. I know there are lives meant to know the “me” on the other side of my struggles. I know I need You to help me in this. On my own, I have nothing and I am nothing; You are my everything. Please transform me into the person You created me to be and prepare me for the souls I am meant to bless with my life. I love you, Lord, and I can do all things through You, my strength. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment