Sunday, May 8, 2011

YOU...

Hello and happy, BLESSED Mother's Day to all of you awesome moms out there in the world!!! Thank you for your constant sacrifice, inspiration, beauty, dedication, prayers, and unending love. In your honor, I am sharing with you this poem I wrote for my INCREDIBLE mom as a Mother's Day gift almost 12 years ago.

It has never been more true than today ~ I love you, Mama!


YOU...
You are
The ever-whispering wind
Who has firmly planted my seed;
The fertile soil my very being
Sprung from and will always need.

You are the humble, nurturing rains,
Seeping deep into my roots;
The living water stirring my soul,
You've made me strong and astute.

You are my greatest inspiration;
Having taught me how to fight
For everything in the world
Which is just and true and right.

You are the graceful, flowing river
Tenderly sweeping me along;
You are my entity,
The very reason I have
Grown to be so
strong...


With All of My Love,
~Katie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment