Monday, November 19, 2012

THE PASSWORD...


For those of you who know me and even to those who don't yet, it doesn't take long to realize my favorite thing to do in life is worship God through song and assist others in doing so. 

Many people wonder what "WORSHIP" is, exactly. I define it as simply showering God with the glory, honor, and love He is due and is so worthy of receiving!

There are infinite ways to worship the King of Kings; it's all about your heart and intention of your actions. I believe you can even express your love and thanks to God by baking something sweet for a neighbor, calling a friend in need when you don't think you have the time, or holding the door open for a stranger when you, yourself, are running late. The possibilities are truly endless...

When it comes to worship through song, I'd like to share something I came across last night. It's a unique version of Psalm 100:4, found in The Message. 

"On your feet now—applaud  God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence.  Know this:  God is God, and God, God . He made us; we didn't make him. We're his people, his well-tended sheep.  Enter with the password: "Thank you!" Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever." (Psalm 100:1-5 MSG)

Think of this - TALKING with praise, entering the "password" of THANK YOU...WOW! I had never read such a popular Scripture painted so uniquely - I was so excited to come across it! 


I'm praying that today and in your days to come, these God-breathed words from Psalm 100 will give you a fresh, exciting perspective on worship, as they have for me...

I am forever changed - you, too? 

❤ Katie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment