Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HE LIKES ME?

Love is complicated. There are people in our lives who are automatically commissioned to love us...parents, siblings, spouses. This group, though they must daily choose to exercise and walk in that love, is bound to us by either blood or covenant.

While these bonds of love are extremely powerful, at times you may feel you are only loved out of obligation. The same can even be true when pondering the love God gives. When you enter into a right relationship with God through Jesus, you are automatically swept under the protective, peaceful wings of God, covered by His everlasting love. Today you may be thinking, “Yeah, God loves me because He has to; He’s committed. I slipped under His blanket of grace, but would He love me if He hadn’t promised to?”

This morning I had a thought pop into my head. Not only does God love me; He LIKES me. God likes me!!! I took some moments just soaking in those three words and they were good medicine. It made me think of the verse in John 15:15, 16 (which I happened to flip right to) where Jesus said, “...I have called you friends...You did not choose me, but I chose you...”

God loves you with a love that moves mountains, conquers the most hopeless battles, pieces together shards of brokenness, breaks the strongest oppression, and heals the most hurting hearts. Not only does He pour out this love upon you without limit, He has chosen you and He likes you beyond measure...every millisecond of each day.

He doesn’t like you for what you do for a living, how fit you are, how accepted you are by others, not for your success level or for your educational achievements. He’s not impressed by your human feats...He’s touched by your faith and the fact that you desire to draw closer to Him.

Almighty God likes you for you; just the way you are...just the way He made you. He knit you together, knows the number of hairs on your head, and couldn’t be more proud to call you His child.

Deep inside, you may feel like no one in your world loves or even likes you. I’m here to remind you that God likes YOU. He likes you today, He liked you yesterday, and He will like you past eternity...will you take in this good medicine today?

Grace and Love,
Katie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment