Friday, September 3, 2010

"Life's Recipe"

Hey friends!

I wanted to share some exciting news with you...as a few of you may know, I'm working on a devotional book I am hoping to release and publish soon. I am tremendously excited, a little overwhelmed, and very humbled to share the insights and pictures God has given me.

Each devotional in my book is spurred on by Scripture and contains Bible verses pertaining to the topic. You'll also find a personal prayer closing each reading. Please feel free to adopt these as your own...

It would mean so much to me if you would please pray for me and with me about this upcoming book and its progression/completion. (Thank you, also, for your supportive prayers for all else God is doing in my life and ministries!)

I'd like to take you along with me on this book's journey and share with you some excerpts from it on my blog. Please comment and let me know any insights you're also gaining from these writings, topics, etc...

I mentioned to my Co-Ed Revolution bible study ladies that I'd make my first post from the book my devotional entitled "Life's Recipe." It stems from Romans 8:28, concerning how God works everything in our lives together for good.

So here you go! I pray it blesses you, my blog friends. I treasure each of you :)


"Life's Recipe"

As I dive more and more into the Word of God and as I ask the Holy Spirit to truly teach me all I can contain, one thing I am learning is that there are infinite lessons to glean from the Bible. It’s like every time I take the time out to seek God, He rewards me by revealing His Word so clearly and vividly. It has become real, exciting, and hope-filled. It is an endless fountain of truth.

Romans 8:28 proclaims, “…we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”
All things work TOGETHER for good…it’s as if all of the things that happen in our lives, both good and bad, destructive and constructive, heart-breaking and joy-fulfilling, are each combined into a recipe for good…for blessing.

Parallel this spiritual truth with me for a moment to the commonplace practice of baking. For instance, when someone sets out to make cookies, they gather together the recipe’s ingredients. If the baker were to ask you to eat any of the individual listed foods alone, you wouldn’t be too delighted to oblige. When separated, you are faced with flour, butter, baking soda, salt, raw eggs, etc…quite unappealing to partake in. And yet when combined and prepared, over time, they become a delectable treat that melts in your mouth and puts a smile on your face.

Let’s face it; life’s ingredients and situations, when singled out individually, are not always pleasant and at times, seem unbearable. Hardships and trials, disappointments, loss, and shattered dreams can each be a jagged little pill we are forced to swallow in season. But, if we can choose to look above each individual incidence or storm, I believe we can see God’s true intentions and heart of love shining through the blackness and clouds swirling about us.

If we can look through the ugliness and pain straight to God’s character which never fails, never lets us down, and only wants the very best for us in everything, suddenly, we can visualize Him as the master culinary artist who is pulling every ingredient of our lives out from our pantries only to mix, knead, stir, and combine all of these things together to become something good…something very good in our lives. If only because of His faithful, tried and true heart and Word, we can stand strong knowing we are becoming more blessed and satisfied from partaking in this unexpected new feast He is working up in His heavenly kitchen.

Though we cannot fathom the outcome of our life’s trials in the midst of them, we can imagine our faithful God thumbing through His recipe cards and books, selecting the most decadent, divine blessing to reward us for our faith and trust; our confidence in Him. And, though we can not keep this life’s undesirable ingredients from arising, it can bring us hope to know that no matter what amount of raw eggs, tasteless flour or harsh salt come our way, we know God is using each very carefully and in perfect measure. He is working together a masterpiece just for our enjoyment and life-long partaking…let’s eat up!

“Faithful Father God, I submit to You now every single ingredient of my life. I give You my love, my will, desires, dreams, longings, fears, hurts, relationships, resources, trials, weaknesses, and everything else that I possess and endure. Out of my love for You and my desire to be closer to You, I readily hand all of the ingredients of my life over to You for Your purposes and plans; for Your hands alone.
Though it is difficult to always understand Your mysterious ways, I trust You. I trust Your heart, character, and Word. And lean not on my own understanding, knowing my ways are not Your ways. I trust and know You truly are working all things in my life together for my ultimate good and final blessing.

I ask that You would give me new measures of Your grace and mercy so I may continue in this obedient walk with You. Please pour out Your favor and love upon me today and each day and and along the way, give me tastes of the ultimate blessings You are creating from all ingredients of my life. I love You, my divine chef, and ask this all in Jesus’ precious name, Amen.”

In His Love,
Katie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment